Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. This week, Kansas City travels to California to face the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday Night Football. Kickoff is set for 7:20 pm Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
|The Jarius Sneed||CB||Knee||LP||LP||–||–|
|Dustin Hopkins||K||R. Hamstring||DNP||DNP||–||–|
|Chris Rumph II||LB||Knee||LP||LP||–||–|
- The news of the day is that wide receiver Mecole Hardman (abdomen/illness) has been removed from the injury report after being placed on injured reserve. He will now miss the next four games, at minimum (more on that here).
- Wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling (illness) returned to practice as a limited participant — a good sign that he is trending in the right direction for Sunday.
- Running back Jerick McKinnon (hamstring/shoulder) and cornerback L’Jarius Sneed (knee) remained limited. McKinnon and Sneed were receiving treatment for these two injuries last week before playing in the game.
- Right tackle Andrew Wylie (elbow) logged a second straight day of full practice wearing an elbow brace.
- Cornerback Chris Lammons (concussion) and wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (concussion) did not practice for the second straight day, as they remain in the concussion protocol.
- As a reminder: Though offensive lineman Lucas Niang (knee) has returned to practice, he does not appear on the injury report. He remains on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list (more on that here). His 21-day window is up on Wednesday, November 23.
- There was just one change on the Chargers’ report for Thursday: outside linebacker Khalil Mack was a full participant after taking a rest day on Wednesday.
- Something else about the Chargers: the team currently has 13 players on injured reserve — including defensive end Joey Bosa, cornerback JC Jackson, tight end Donald Parham, guard Rashawn Slater, tackle Andrew Trainer and center Issac Weaver.
- Both specialists again did not participate in Thursday’s practice: placekicker Dustin Hopkins (right hamstring) and punter JK Scott (illness). Hopkins hasn’t played since Week 6.
- Six players again were limited on Thursday: tackle Trey Pipkins (knee), tight end Gerald Everett (groin), wide receiver Keenan Allen (hamstring), wide receiver DeAndre Carter (ribs), wide receiver Mike Williams (ankle) and linebacker Chris Rumph II (knee).
- Allen and Williams are the biggest names on the limited list. Allen has missed all but two of this season’s games — he last played in Week 7 — and Williams (along with Rumph) have missed the last two games. Everett and Carter both suffered their injuries in last Sunday’s game against the San Francisco 49ers.
For Wednesday’s injury report, click here.